JAH Intersection Contest
Call for Submissions!
The Journal of Adolescent Health is seeking submissions to JAH Intersection on the theme of “The Love Language of Tomorrow's Leaders”
Sometimes it seems like the world is always in crisis — global warming, pandemics, war, and the fight for basic human rights. So much of how we work through these crises as global & local communities often depends on heavy involvement from young people. We rely on their energy, their ability to organize and disseminate information quickly, and their passion to push for justice. How can other generations communicate with today's adolescents and young adults in a way that conveys respect, sincerity, and trust? What inspires today's young people to mobilize, organize and advocate? If you are a young person or someone who works with, serves, or parents young people, send us your creative writing, photography or artwork on this theme! Submitted work may take the form of written word (e.g., poetry, personal narratives), or images (e.g., photographs or two-dimensional artwork). Learn more about JAH’s Intersection in the Guide for Authors.
Submissions will be reviewed and selected by the JAH Intersection Section Committee, and published at the discretion of The Intersection Section Editor(s), Editor-in-Chief, and Associate Editors.
Submit today for your chance to win. Monetary prizes will be awarded for First ($500), Second ($200), and Third place ($50). Winners will be announced at the SAHM Annual Meeting, March 7–10, 2023.
SUBMIT YOUR WORK HERE: https://www.editorialmanager.com/jah/default.aspx
- The above link will redirect you to Editorial Manager, where you will need to create a free account. Once logged in, you will select "Submit New Manuscript" from the Author Main Menu. You will then need to select "Intersections" from the article type pull-down menu.
- You will need the following once in Editorial Manager:
- A Title Page with the title of your work and your contact information
- A Cover Letter containing the following:
- A brief (50-100 word) description of yourself and your work
- Specify if you are submitting as part of the 2022 JAH Intersection contest (details below) or for consideration for general JAH Intersection publication.
- your submission
- If your work is text, submit it as a Manuscript (1500 words or less)
- If your work is visual, submit it as a Photograph/Image
Deadline for submissions is November 30, 2022. You must be at least 18 years old to participate.
If you have any questions about the submission process, please contact the Editorial Office at [email protected]