Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Patient characteristics negatively stereotyped by doctors.Soc Sci Med. 1982; 16: 1781-1789
- Overweight as a social disability with medical implications.J Med Educ. 1969; 44: 214-220
Quinn BH. Attitudinal ratings of educators toward normal weight, overweight, and obese teenage girls. Doctoral dissertation, College of Education, Texas Women’s University, Denton, Texas, 1987.
Kaplan S. Rehabilitation counseling students’ perceptions of obese male and female clients. Rehab Couns Bull 1984:172–81.
- Social and economic consequences of overweight in adolescence and young adulthood.N Engl J Med. 1993; 329: 1008-1012
- Beliefs about obesity.Psychol Rep. 1982; 51: 1047-1055
- Prejudice against fat people.J Person Soc Psychol. 1994; 66: 882-894
- Correlates of obesity in young black and white women.Am J Public Health. 1992; 82: 1621-1625
- Overweight prevalence and trends for children and adolescents.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 1995; 149: 1085-1091
- Eating disturbances among American minority groups.Int J Eat Disord. 1996; 19: 239-248
- The stigma of obesity.Sociol Q. 1968; 9: 283-299
- Body image and weight concerns among African American and white adolescent females.Hum Org. 1995; 54: 103-114
- Black and white adolescents’ perceptions of their weight.J Sch Health. 1989; 59: 353-358
- Ethnic/racial and socioeconomic differences in dieting behaviors and body image perceptions in adolescents.Int J Eat Disord. 1995; 18: 173-179
- Guidelines for overweight in adolescent preventive services.Am J Clin Nutr. 1994; 59: 307-316
- Reference data for obesity.Am J Clin Nutr. 1991; 53: 839-846
- Reference data for obesity.Am J Clin Nutr. 1991; 54: 773
Faibisch L. Insensitivity, harassment, and discrimination: A hostile psychological, social and educational climate for adolescents with physical disabilities. Doctoral dissertation, Harvard University; Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1995.
- A Guide to Reading Narratives of Conflict and Choice for Self and Moral Voice. Harvard University, Graduate School of Education. Center for the Study of Gender, Education and Human Development, Cambridge, MA1988
- Qualitative Data Analysis. Sage, Thousand Oaks, CA1984
Morse JM, Field PA. Qualitative Research Methods for Health Professionals, 2nd ed. Thousand Oaks, CA, 1995.
- Psychosocial concerns and health-compromising behaviors among overweight and non-overweight adolescents.Obes Res. 1997; 5: 237-249
- Attitudes about overweight and dating among secondary students.Int J Obesity. 1995; 19: 376-381
- Obese adolescent girls—an unrecognized “minority” group?.Am J Clin Nutr. 1963; 13: 35-39
- The self-image of overweight adolescent females.Mat Child Nurs J. 1984; 13: 125-137