Technical guidance on sexuality education, revised edition.
Sexuality education, sexual violence prevention, abstinence, and Distribution of condoms in schools H-170.968.
Comprehensive sexuality education. Committee Opinion No. 678. . Obstet Gynecol Web site.
- Lindberg L.D.
- Kantor L.
- Lindberg L.D.
- Kantor L.
- Technical guidance on sexuality education, revised edition.in: Paris, fr: UNESCO, UNAIDS, UNFPA, UNICEF, UN women. WHO, 2018 (Available at:)https://www.unfpa.org/publications/international-technical-guidance-sexuality-educationDate accessed: September 10, 2021
- Support for sex education and teenage pregnancy prevention programmes in the USA: Results from a national survey of likely voters.Sex Education. 2019; 20: 239-251
- Committee on adolescence, committee on Pyschosocial aspects of child and family health. Sexuality education for children and adolescents.Pediatrics. 2016; 138e20161348
- Abstinence-only-until-marriage Policies and Programs: An Updated Position Paper of the Society for adolescent health and medicine.J Adolesc Health. 2017; 61: 400-403
- Sexuality education, sexual violence prevention, abstinence, and Distribution of condoms in schools H-170.968.(Available at:)https://policysearch.amaassn.org/policyfinder/detail/Sexuality%20Education,%20Sexual%20Violence%20Prevention,%20Abstinence,%20and%20Distribution%20of%20Condoms%20in%20Schools%20H-170.968?uri=%2FAMADoc%2FHOD.xml-0-993.xml(Published 2018. Accessed September 10 2021)
- Comprehensive sexuality education. Committee Opinion No. 678. . Obstet Gynecol Web site.(Available at:)https://www.acog.org/clinical/clinical-guidance/committee-opinion/articles/2016/11/comprehensive-sexuality-education(Published 2016. Accessed September 10, 2021)
- Changes in formal sex education: 1995–2002.Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2006; 38: 182-189
- Changes in adolescents' receipt of sex education, 2006-2013.J Adolesc Health. 2016; 58: 621-627
- Adolescents' Receipt of Sex Education in a Nationally Representative Sample, 2011-2019.J Adolesc Health. 2021; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jadohealth.2021.08.027
- The effectiveness of group-based comprehensive risk-reduction and abstinence education interventions to prevent or reduce the risk of adolescent pregnancy, human immunodeficiency virus, and sexually transmitted infections: Two systematic reviews for the Guide to community preventive Services.Am J Prev Med. 2012; 42: 272-294
- Three Decades of research: The Case for comprehensive sex education.J Adolesc Health. 2021; 68: 13-27
- Does sex education before college protect students from sexual assault in college?.PLoS One. 2018; 13: e0205951
- Sexuality education as Part of a comprehensive health education Program in K to 12 schools.(Available at:)https://www.apha.org/policies-and-advocacy/public-health-policy-statements/policy-database/2015/01/23/09/37/sexuality-education-as-part-of-a-comprehensive-health-education-program-in-k-to-12-schools(Published 2014. Accessed September 10, 2021)
- K-12 standards for Optimal sexual development.MISH, Dallas, TX2021https://newsexedstandards.org/Date accessed: September 10, 2021
- National sex education standards.ed. FoSE, Washington, DC2020 (Available at:)https://www.advocatesforyouth.org/resources/health-information/future-of-sex-education-national-sexuality-education-standards/Date accessed: September 10, 2021
- Health education curriculum Analysis Tool, 2021.CDC, Atlanta2021 (Available at:)https://www.cdc.gov/healthyyouth/hecat/pdf/2021/full-hecat-2021.pdfDate accessed: September 14, 2021
- Medical accuracy in sexuality education: Ideology and the scientific process.Am J Public Health. 2008; 98: 1786-1792
- MISH publishes new framework for fear-based, abstinence-only education.SIECUS Rep. 1997; 25: 14-16
- The implications of defining when a woman is pregnant.The Guttmacher Rep Public Policy. 2005; 8: 7-10
- Why is it hard to make progress in assessing children’s decision-making competence?.BMC Med Ethics. 2015; 16: 1-6
- Informed consent instead of assent is appropriate in children from the age of twelve: Policy implications of new findings on children’s competence to consent to clinical research.BMC Med Ethics. 2015; 16: 1-7
Conflicts of interest: The authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose.