Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Adolescent Health
- Tobacco and its environmental impact: An overview.2017 (Available at:)https://www.who.int/tobacco/publications/environmental-impact-overview/en/Date accessed: April 28, 2020
- Global health perspectives on cigarette butts and the environment.Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2019; 16: 1858
- Toxicity of cigarette butts, and their chemical components, to marine and freshwater fish.Tob Control. 2011; 20: 25-29
- Whose butt is it? Tobacco industry research about smokers and cigarette butt waste.Tob Control. 2011; 20: 2-9
- Cigarette litter: Smokers’ attitudes and behaviors.Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2012; 9: 2189-2203
Kotz D, Kastaun S. Do people know that cigarette filters are mainly composed of synthetic material? A representative survey of the German population (the DEBRA study). Tob Control. Epub ahead of print: [28 April 2020]. https://doi.org/10.1136/tobaccocontrol-2019-055558.
- Cigarette packaging: Youth perceptions of “natural” cigarettes, filter references, and contraband tobacco.J Adolesc Health. 2014; 54: 33-39
- Filter presence and tipping paper color influence consumer perceptions of cigarettes.BMC Public Health. 2015; 15: 1279
- National Cancer Institute. Risks associated with smoking cigarettes with low Machine Measured Yields of tar and nicotine.(Smoking Tob Control Monogr 13. Available at:)Published October 2001. Accessed April 28, 2020)
Uddin SMF, Khan MN. Young Consumer’s Green Purchasing behavior: Opportunities for Green Marketing. J Glob Marketing. 31:270-281.
- The young consumer-citizen: Nationhood and environmentalism in children’s identity narratives.Marketing Theor. 2014; 4: 417-429
- Do younger generations care more about global warming? Yale University and George Mason University.Yale Program on Climate Change Communication, New Haven, CT2019
- Littered cigarette butts as a source of nicotine in urban waters.J Hydrol. 2014; 519: 3466-3474
- Support for Aggressive tobacco control interventions among California adolescents and young adults.J Adolesc Health. 2020; 66: 506-509
- Attitudes toward anti-tobacco policy among California youth: Associations with smoking status, psychosocial variables and advocacy actions.Health Educ Res. 1999; 14: 751-763
- Adolescents’ and young adults’ use and perceptions of pod-based electronic cigarettes.JAMA Netw Open. 2018; 1: 3183535
- Alert: Public health Implications of electronic cigarette waste.Am J Public Health. 2018; 108: 1489-1490
- Tobacco product waste: An environmental approach to reduce tobacco consumption.Curr Envir Health Rpt. 2014; 1: 208-216
- Federal trade Commission cigarette Report for 2018.Federal Trade Commission, Washington2019
Conflicts of interest: Dr. Halpern-Felsher is a paid expert scientist in some e-cigarette litigation and an unpaid scientific advisor and expert witness regarding some tobacco-related policies. The other authors do not have any conflicts of interest.