Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Adolescent Health
- Survey methods for sensitive topics.(Available at:)http://growup.ethz.chDate accessed: October 19, 2018
- Alcohol and public health: Alcohol-related disease impact.ARDI, Atlanta, GA2016
- Drug overdoses in youth.(Available at:)https://teens.drugabuse.gov/drug-facts/drug-overdoses-youthDate accessed: January 8, 2019
- The DAWN report: Highlights of the 2010 drug Abuse Warning Network (DAWN) findings on drug-related emergency department visits.SAMHSA, 2012 (Rockville, MD)
- Alcohol use and alcohol-interactive medications among medically vulnerable youth.Pediatrics. 2018; 142: e20174026
- Suicide.(Available at:)https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/statistics/suicide.shtml#part_154968Date accessed: April 2, 2020
- Deaths: Leading causes for 2016.Natl Vital Stat Rep. 2018; 67: 1-77
- An electronic screen for triaging adolescent substance use by risk levels.JAMA Pediatr. 2014; 168: 822-828
- Estimated blood alcohol concentrations for child and adolescent drinking and their implications for screening instruments.Pediatrics. 2009; 123: e975-e981
- Validation of PHQ-2 and PHQ-9 to screen for major depression in the primary care population.Ann Fam Med. 2010; 8: 348-353
- The 2-item Generalized Anxiety Disorder scale had high sensitivity and specificity for detecting GAD in primary care.Evid Based Med. 2007; 12: 149
- Extreme binge drinking among 12th-grade students in the United States: Prevalence and predictors.JAMA Pediatr. 2013; 167: 1019-1025
- Substance use patterns through early adulthood: Results for youth with and without chronic conditions.Am J Prev Med. 2016; 51: 33-45
- A screening tool for assessing alcohol use risk among medically vulnerable youth.PLoS One. 2016; 11: e0156240
- Alcohol and marijuana use and treatment nonadherence among medically vulnerable youth.Pediatrics. 2015; 136: 450-457
National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism. Harmful interactions: mixing alcohol with medicines. 2014. Available at: http://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/Medicine/medicine.htm. Accessed February 17, 2015.
- What are the short-term effects of cocaine use?.(Available at:)https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/cocaine/what-are-short-term-effects-cocaine-useDate accessed: December 20, 2018
- Evaluation of the PHQ-2 as a brief screen for detecting major depression among adolescents.Pediatrics. 2010; 125: e1097-e1103
SAS [computer program]. Version 9.4. Cary, NC: SAS Institute Inc; 2014.
- Monitoring the future national survey results on drug use: 1975-2017: overview, key findings on adolescent drug use. Institute for Social Research, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI2018
- Major depression.(Available at:)https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/statistics/major-depression.shtml#part_155031Date accessed: December 18, 2018
- Are there any gender differences in frequency of self-reported somatic symptoms of depression?.J Affect Disord. 2005; 89: 177-181
- Why is depression more prevalent in women?.J Psychiatry Neurosci. 2015; 40: 219
- Race/ethnicity and gender differences in drug use and abuse among college students.J Ethn Subst Abuse. 2007; 6: 75
- Perspectives on substance use among youth with chronic medical conditions and implications for clinical guidance and prevention: A qualitative study.PLoS One. 2019; 14: e0209963
- Substance use screening, brief intervention, and referral to treatment.Pediatrics. 2016; 138: e20161210
Conflicts of interest: The authors have no financial relationships relevant to this article to disclose.
Clinical trials registry site and number: Boston Children's Hospital NCT0298184.