Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Anxiety disorders and suicidal behaviours in adolescence and young adulthood: Findings from a longitudinal study.Psychol Med. 2007; 37: 431
- Mental health, educational, and social role outcomes of adolescents with depression.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2002; 59: 225-231
- Adolescent depression and educational attainment: Results using sibling fixed effects.Health Econ. 2009; 19: 855-871
- Social consequences of psychiatric disorders, I: Educational attainment.Am J Psychiatry. 1995; 152: 1026-1032
- Long-term effects of mental disorders on employment in the National Comorbidity Survey ten-year follow-up.Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol. 2015; 50: 1657-1668
- Age of onset of mental disorders.Can J Psychiatry. 2017; 62: 235-236
- Life course outcomes of young people with anxiety disorders in adolescence.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2001; 40: 1086-1093
- WHO World Mental Health Surveys International College Student Project: Prevalence and distribution of mental disorders.J Abnorm Psychol. 2018; 127: 623-638
- Suicidal thoughts and behaviors among first-year college students: Results from the WMH-ICS project.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2018; 57: 263-273.e1
- Suicidal behaviour in adolescence and subsequent mental health outcomes in young adulthood.Psychol Med. 2005; 35: 983-993
- Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders.5th ed. American Psychiatric Association, Washington, DC2013
- Age of onset of mental disorders: A review of recent literature.Curr Opin Psychiatry. 2007; 20: 359-364
- The prevalence and correlates of depression, anxiety, and stress in a sample of college students.J Affect Disord. 2015; 173: 90-96
New J. Balancing response and treatment. Insid High Ed 2017. Available at: https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2017/01/13/colleges-struggle-provide-ongoing-treatment-demands-mental-health-services-increases. Accessed December1, 2018.
- Students under pressure: College and university counseling centers are examining how best to serve the growing number of students seeking their services.APA Monit. 2014; 36
- Increased rates of mental health service utilization by U.S. College students: 10-Year population-level trends (2007–2017).Psychiatr Serv. 2019; 70: 60-63
- National trends in the prevalence and treatment of depression in adolescents and young adults.Pediatrics. 2016; 138: e20161878
- Increases in depressive symptoms, suicide-related outcomes, and suicide rates among U.S. adolescents after 2010 and links to increased new media screen time.Clin Psychol Sci. 2018; 6: 3-17
- Age, period, and cohort trends in mood disorder and suicide-related outcomes in a nationally representative dataset, 2005-2017.J Abnorm Psychol. 2019; 128: 185-199
- Trends in emergency department visits for nonfatal self-inflicted injuries among youth aged 10 to 24 years in the United States, 2001-2015.JAMA. 2017; 318: 1931
- Mental disorders among college students in the World Health Organization World Mental Health Surveys.Psychol Med. 2016; 46: 2955-2970
American College Health Association, Publications and reports. 2018. Available at: https://www.acha.org/NCHA/ACHA-NCHA_Data/Publications_and_Reports/NCHA/Data/Publications_and_Reports.aspx. Accessed January 15, 2019.
- Limitations of a single-item assessment of suicide attempt history: Implications for standardized suicide risk assessment.Psychol Assess. 2016; 28: 1026-1030
- Comparison of a single self-assessment item with the PHQ-9 for detecting depression in general practice.Fam Pract. 2014; 31: 483-489
- A cross-sectional study of agreement between the Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale and patient- and radiation oncologist-reported single-item assessment of depression and anxiety.Psychooncology. 2018; 27: 1840-1846
- Suicide and suicidal behavior.Epidemiol Rev. 2008; 30: 133-154
- New well-being measures: Short scales to assess flourishing and positive and negative feelings.Soc Indic Res. 2010; 97: 143-156
- The patient health questionnaire somatic, anxiety, and depressive symptom scales: A systematic review.Gen Hosp Psychiatry. 2010; 32: 345-359
- A brief measure for assessing generalized anxiety disorder.Arch Intern Med. 2006; 166: 1092
- Mapping the scale of the narcissism epidemic: Increases in narcissism 2002–2007 within ethnic groups.J Res Pers. 2008; 42: 1619-1622
- Guidelines for psychological practice with transgender and gender nonconforming people.Am Psychol. 2015; 70: 832-864
- Sleep quality, internet addiction and depressive symptoms among undergraduate students in Nepal.BMC Psychiatry. 2017; 17: 106
- Insomnia partially mediated the association between problematic Internet use and depression among secondary school students in China.J Behav Addict. 2017; 6: 554-563
- Non-response bias in a web-based health behaviour survey of New Zealand tertiary students.Prev Med. 2011; 53: 274-277
- Evaluation of non-response bias in mental health determinants and outcomes in a large sample of pre-adolescents.Eur J Epidemiol. 2005; 20: 173-181
Conflicts of interest: The authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose.
Disclaimer: Any opinions, interpretations, findings, conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation, the Military Suicide Research Consortium, or the Department of Defense. The funders had no role in the study design; collection, analysis, and interpretation of data; writing of the report; or the decision to submit the article for publication. The opinions, findings, and conclusions presented in this article are those of the authors and are in no way meant to represent the corporate opinions, views, or policies of the American College Health Association (ACHA). ACHA does not warrant nor assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information presented in this article.