- The burden of alcohol use: excessive alcohol consumption and related consequences among college students.Alcohol Res. 2013; 35: 201-218
- Health and behavioral consequences of binge drinking in college.JAMA. 1994; 272: 1672-1677
- Tackling barriers to seeking emergency care.J Collegiate Emerg Med Ser. 2018; 1: 19-24
- Medical amnesty: professional enabling or indicated prevention? The network addressing collegiate alcohol and other drug issues. 2009..(Available at:)Accessed January 14, 2018.)
- Safety first: a medical amnesty approach to alcohol poisoning at a U.S. university.Int J Drug Policy. 2006; 17: 329-338
- Alcohol poisoning among college students turning 21: do they recognize the symptoms and how do they help?.J Stud Alcohol Drugs Suppl. 2009; 16: 122-130
- Efficacy of alcohol interventions for first-year college students: ameta-analytic review of randomized controlled trials.J Consult Clin Psychol. 2014; 82: 177-188
- Brief alcohol intervention for college drinkers: how brief is?.Addict Behav. 2010; 35: 730-733
Conflicts of interest: The authors have no commercial associations or sources of support that might pose a conflict of interest.
Abstract Presented at the National Association of EMS Physicians’ Annual Meeting on January 25, 2017 in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Disclosures: The authors have no relevant financial conflicts-of-interest to disclose.