Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Trends in physical dating violence victimization among U.S. high school students, 1999-2011.J Sch Violence. 2013; 13: 277-290
- The longitudinal association of adolescent dating violence with psychiatric disorders and functioning.J Interpers Violence. 2009; 24: 1964-1979
- Longitudinal associations between teen dating violence victimization and adverse health outcomes.Pediatrics. 2013; 131: 71-78
- Recent and past intimate partner abuse and HIV risk among young women.J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs. 2008; 37: 219-227
- The continuation of intimate partner violence from adolescence to young adulthood.J Marriage Fam. 2013; 75: 300-313
- A longitudinal perspective on dating violence among adolescent and college-age women.Am J Public Health. 2003; 93: 1104-1109
- Continuity of adolescent and early adult partner violence victimisation: Association with witnessing violent crime in adolescence.J Epidemiol Commun H. 2009; 63: 741-748
- Risk models of dating aggression across different adolescent relationships: A developmental psychopathology approach.J Consult Clin Psych. 2008; 76: 622-632
- Physical and mental health effects of intimate partner violence for men and women.Am J Prev Med. 2002; 23: 260-268
- Healthcare utilization and costs for women with a history of intimate partner violence.Am J Prev Med. 2007; 32: 89-96
- Child witnesses to domestic violence: A meta-analytic review.J Consult Clin Psych. 2003; 71: 339-352
Knoble NB, Capaldi DM, Shortt JW, Kim HK. Risk factors for adolescent dating violence: A systematic review. Poster presented at: 14th Society for Research on Adolescence Biennial Meeting; March 8-10, 2012; Vancouver, BC.
- Teen dating violence: A literature review and annotated bibliography (DOJ document No. 235368).Library of Congress, Washington, DC2011
- The nature and correlates of dating violence among Jewish and Arab youths in Israel.J Fam Violence. 2009; 24: 11-26
- Matching methods for causal inference: A review and a look forward.Stat Sci. 2010; 25: 1-21
- Intimate partner abuse and high-risk behavior in adolescents.Arch Pediat Adol Med. 2003; 157: 375-380
- Theory and teen dating violence victimization: Considering adolescent development.Dev Rev. 2014; 34: 168-188
- A systematic review of risk factors for intimate partner violence.Partner Abuse. 2012; 3: 231-280
- Violence – A global public health problem.in: Krug E. Dahlberg L.L. Mercy J.A. World Report on Violence and Health. World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland2002: 1-56
- Beyond the individual level: Novel approaches and considerations for multilevel adolescent dating violence prevention.Am J Prev Med. 2015; 49: 445-447
- The revised Conflict Tactics Scale (CTS2): Development and preliminary psychometric data.J Fam Issues. 1996; 17: 283-316
- Causal diagrams for empirical research.Biometrika. 1995; 82: 669-688
- Strategies to perform a design-based analysis using the add health data.University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Carolina Population Center, Chapel Hill, NC1999
- Survey: Analysis of complex survey samples.2014 (R package version 3.30. Available at: https://cran.r-project.org/package=survey. Accessed February 14, 2013)
- MatchIt: Nonparametric preprocessing for parametric causal inference.2011 (Available at:)Accessed February 14, 2013)
- Using propensity scores to help design observational studies: Application to the tobacco litigation.Health Serv Outcomes Res Methodol. 2001; 2: 169-188
- Guidelines for analyzing add health data.University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill: Carolina Population Center, Chapel Hill, NC2006
- Applications of causally defined direct and indirect effects in mediation analysis using SEM in Mplus.2011 (October 28, 2011. Available at:)http://gseis.ucla.edu/academic-programs/education/aqm/aqm-resources/events-2010-2011/Muthencausalmediation.pdf(Accessed May 4, 2013)
- Prevalence and correlates of dating violence in a national sample of adolescents.J Am Acad Child Psy. 2008; 47: 755-762
- Depressive symptoms as a longitudinal predictor of sexual risk behaviors among US middle and high school students.Pediatrics. 2006; 118: 189-200
- Assortative mating for antisocial behavior: Developmental and methodological implications.Behav Genet. 1998; 28: 173-186
- Adolescent peer crowd affiliation: Linkages with health-risk behaviors and close friendships.J Pediatr Psychol. 2001; 26: 131-143
- A general approach to causal mediation analysis.Psychol Methods. 2010; 15: 309-334
- Intimate partner violence: Prevalence, types, and chronicity in adult women.Am J Prev Med. 2006; 30: 447-457
Moore K, Stratford B, Caal S, Hanson C, Hickman S, Temkin D, et al. Preventing violence: A review of research, evaluation, gaps, and opportunities. Available at: http://www.childtrends.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/2015-15FuturesWithoutViolence1.pdf. Published November 2014. Revised February 2015. Accessed July 31, 2015.
- Committee on injury, violence, and poison prevention. Role of the pediatrician in youth violence prevention.Pediatrics. 2009; 124: 393-402
- Intimate partner violence and health care-seeking patterns among female users of urban adolescent clinics.Matern Child Health J. 2010; 14: 910-917
- Intimate violence in adolescent relationships: Recognizing and intervening.Am J Matern Child Nurs. 2004; 29: 117-121
- Identifying and supporting young women experiencing dating violence: What health practitioners should be doing NOW.J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2004; 17: 131-136
- Adolescent relationship violence in clinical settings: Challenges for identification and intervention.in: Goldstein M.A. The MassGeneral Hospital for Children Adolescent Medicine Handbook. Springer Science+Business Media, New York2011: 199-204
Conflicts of Interest: The authors report no conflicts of interest related to the material in this article.
Disclaimer: The funder had no role in the study design; collection, analysis or interpretation of data; writing of the report; or the decision to submit the manuscript for publication.
First draft: Dr. Exner-Cortens wrote the first draft of the manuscript.