Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Transgender youth and life-threatening behaviors.Suicide Life Threat Behav. 2007; 37: 527-537
- Comparing trans-spectrum and same-sex-attracted youth in Australia: Increased risks, increased activisms.J LGBT Youth. 2013; 10: 287-307
- Overlooked, misunderstood and at-risk: Exploring the lives and HIV risk of ethnic minority male-to-female transgender youth.J Adolesc Health. 2006; 38: 230-236
- From blues to Rainbows: Mental health and wellbeing of gender diverse and transgender young people in Australia.The Australian Research Centre in Sex, Health, and Society, Melbourne, Australia2014
- The association of multiple identities with self-directed violence and depression among transgender individuals.Suicide Life Threat Behav. 2016; 46: 535-544
- The health and well-being of transgender high school students: Results from the New Zealand Adolescent Health Survey (Youth'12).J Adolesc Health. 2014; 55: 93-99
- Psychiatric comorbidity in gender dysphoric adolescents.J Child Psychol Psychiatry. 2011; 52: 1195-1202
- Mental health of transgender youth in care at an adolescent urban community health center: A matched retrospective cohort study.J Adolesc Health. 2015; 56: 274-279
- From Hastings Street to Haida Gwaii: Provincial results of the 2013 BC adolescent health survey.McCreary Centre Society, Vancouver, BC2014
- Being Safe, Being Me: Results of the Canadian Trans youth health survey.Stigma and Resilience Among Vulnerable Youth Centre, Vancouver, BC2015
- Methodology for the 2013 BC Adolescent Health Survey. [Fact Sheet].McCreary Centre Society, Vancouver, BC2014
Statistics Canada. Canadian Community Health Survey - Mental Health (CCHS). Available at: http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p2SV.pl?Function=getSurvey&SDDS=5015. Published 2012. Accessed October 20, 2015.
- Short screening scales to monitor population prevalences and trends in non-specific psychological distress.Psychol Med. 2002; 32: 959-976
- Diagnostic and statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.5th edition. Author, Washington, DC2013
- Not yet Equal: The Health of Lesbian, Gay, and Bisexual Youth in BC.McCreary Centre Society, Vancouver, BC2007
- Non-suicidal self-injury in trans people: Associations with psychological symptoms, victimization, interpersonal functioning, and perceived social support.J Sex Med. 2015; 12: 168-179
- Young people with features of gender dysphoria: Demographics and associated difficulties.Clin Child Psychol Psychiatry. 2016; 21: 108-118
- Non-suicidal self-injury in a large online sample of transgender adults.Prof Psychol Res Pract. 2015; 46: 3-11
- The association between masculinity and nonsuicidal self-injury.Am J Mens Health. 2015; (Online first:1557988315624508. doi:10.1177/1557988315624508)
- Gender nonconformity and psychological distress in lesbians and gay men.Arch Sex Behav. 2006; 35: 685-697
- The natural history of self-harm from adolescence to young adulthood: A population-based cohort study.Lancet. 2012; 379: 236-243
- Sex differences in developmental trends of suicide ideation, plans, and attempts among European American adolescents.Suicide Life Threat Behav. 2010; 40: 451-464
It Gets Better Project. Available at: http://www.itgetsbetter.org/. Accessed August 11, 2016.
- Contested conclusions: Claims that can (and cannot) be made from the current research on gay, lesbian, and bisexual teen suicide attempts.J LGBT Health Res. 2007; 3: 79-87
Conflicts of Interest: The authors have no conflicts of interest to declare.