Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Motivational intervention to reduce rapid subsequent births to adolescent mothers: A community-based randomized trial.Ann Fam Med. 2009; 7: 436-445
- Delaying second births among adolescent mothers: A randomized, controlled trial of a home-based mentoring program.Pediatrics. 2006; 118: e1087-e1099
- Vital signs: Repeat births among teens—United States, 2007-2010.MMWR-Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2013; 62: 249-255
- Predictors of sexual intercourse and rapid-repeat pregnancy among teenage mothers: An Australian prospective longitudinal study.Med J Aust. 2010; 193: 338-342
- The effects of a healthy families home visitation program on rapid and teen repeat births.Child Adolesc Soc Work J. 2011; 28: 439-458
- Adolescent pregnancy: Policy and prevention services.Springer Publishing Company, New York, NY, USA2009
- Effectiveness of secondary pregnancy prevention programs: A meta-analysis.Res Social Work Prac. 2007; 17: 5-18
- Strengthening the capacity of community health workers to deliver care for sexual, reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health.Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization, 2015
Lehmann UaS, David Community health workers: What do we know about them? The state of the evidence on programmes, activities, costs and impact on health outcomes of using community health workers. Available at: http://www.who.int/hrh/documents/community_health_workers.pdf. Accessed June 19, 2015.
- Who guidelines on preventing early pregnancy and poor reproductive outcomes among adolescents in developing countries.J Adolesc Health. 2013; 52: 517
- Breaking the repeat teen pregnancy CYCLE.Nurs Women's Health. 2011; 15: 368-381
- Effects of home visits by paraprofessionals and by nurses: Age 4 follow-up results of a randomized trial.Pediatrics. 2004; 114: 1560-1568
- Improving the life-course development of socially disadvantaged mothers: A randomized trial of nurse home visitation.Am J Public Health. 1988; 78: 1436-1445
- Effects of parent training on teenage mothers and their infants.J Am Acad Child Psychiatry. 1982; 21: 593
- Effect of prenatal and infancy home visitation by nurses on pregnancy outcomes, childhood injuries, and repeated childbearing: A randomized controlled trial.JAMA. 1997; 278: 644-652
- First-birth outcomes and timing of second births: A statewide case management program for adolescent mothers.Health Soc work. 2006; 31: 54-63
- Home visiting for adolescent mothers: Effects on parenting, maternal life course, and primary care linkage.Ann Fam Med. 2007; 5: 224-232
- Hawaii's healthy start home visiting program: Determinants and impact of rapid repeat birth.Pediatrics. 2004; 114: e317-e326
- The adolescent family life program: A multisite evaluation of federally funded projects serving pregnant and parenting adolescents.Am J Public Health. 2012; 102: 1872-1878
The University of Chicago. Bibliography on adolescent motherhood-repeat pregnancy; 2011. Available at: http://familyplanning.uchicago.edu/research/studies-by-topic/postpartum-abcs/Bibliography%20-%20Repeat%20Pregnancy.pdf. Accessed July 1, 2015.
- The PRISMA statement for reporting systematic reviews and meta-analyses of studies that evaluate health care interventions: Explanation and elaboration.PLoS Med. 2009; 6: e1000100
- Assessment of study quality for systematic reviews: A comparison of the Cochrane Collaboration risk of bias tool and the effective public health practice project quality assessment tool: Methodological research.J Eval Clin Pract. 2012; 18: 12-18
- Cochrane handbook for systematic reviews of interventions.Wiley-Blackwell, Hoboken, NJ; Chichester, England2008
- Systematic reviews: CRD's guidance for undertaking reviews in health care.Lancet Infect Dis. 2010; 10: 226
- Doing a systematic review: A student's guide.SAGE, London2014
- Methods of clinical epidemiology.Springer, New York; Berlin2013
- The potential of home visitor services to strengthen welfare-to-work programs for teenage parents on cash assistance.Pennsylvania, USA: Mathematica Policy Research, 2001
- Factors related to early subsequent pregnancies and second births among adolescent mothers in a family support program.J Fam Issues. 2002; 23: 1006-1031
- Lay health workers in primary and community health care for maternal and child health and the management of infectious diseases.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2010; 3: CD004015
- Effects of policy options for human resources for health: An analysis of systematic reviews.Lancet (London, England). 2008; 371: 668-674
- Lessons learned from a mentoring program for teenage mothers.WMJ. 1997; 96: 38-43
- Adolescent health: Understanding and preventing risk behaviors.Jossey-Bass, San Francisco, Calif2009
- Social predictors of repeat adolescent pregnancy and focussed strategies.Best Pract Res Clin Obstetrics Gynaecol. 2010; 24: 605-616
- Developing capacities of community health workers in sexual and reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health: A mapping and review of training resources.PLoS One. 2014; 9: e94948
The Cochrane Collaboration. Supplementary Guidance for Authors Undertaking Reviews with the Cochrane Consumers and Communication Review Group. The Cochrane Collaboration. Available at: http://cccrg.cochrane.org/sites/cccrg.cochrane.org/files/uploads/Study_design_guide2013.pdf. Accessed August 17, 2015.
- In defense of the randomized controlled trial for health promotion research.Am J Public Health. 2006; 96: 1181-1186
- Project redirection: Evaluation of a comprehensive program for disadvantaged teenage mothers.Fam Plann Perspect. 1985; 17: 150-155
- Another chance: Preventing additional births to teen mothers.Washington, DC: National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy, 2004
New Zealand Commission. Teenage pregnancy and parenting an overview; 2015. Available at: http://www.superu.govt.nz/sites/default/files/teenage-pregnancy.pdf. Accessed July 5, 2015.
- Effectiveness of a family support center approach to adolescent mothers: Repeat pregnancy and school drop-out rates.Family Relations. 1988; 47: 139-144
Conflicts of Interest: The authors have no conflict of interest and no financial relationships relevant to this article to disclose.
Systematic review registration: PROSPERO CRD42015020854.