- Exacting beauty: Theory, assessment, and treatment of body image disturbance.American Psychological Association, Washington, D.C.1999 (Available at:)Accessed April 4, 2015)
- Body image dissatisfaction as a motivator for healthy lifestyle change: Is some distress beneficial?.in: Striegel-Moore R.H. Smolak L. Eating disorders: Innovative directions in research and practice. American Psychological Association, Washington, D.C.2001 (Available at:)Accessed April 4, 2015)
- Fat 'n happy 5 years later: Is it bad for overweight girls to like their bodies?.J Adolesc Health. 2007; 41: 415-417
- Predictors of dieting and disordered eating behaviors from adolescence to young adulthood.J Adolesc Health. 2014; 55: 705-712
- Gender differences in body satisfaction.Obes Res. 1997; 5: 402-409
- Factors associated with errors in self-reports of stature, weight, and body mass index in Minnesota adolescents.Ann Epidemiol. 2005; 15: 272-278
- Home/family, peer, school, and neighborhood correlates of obesity in adolescents.Obesity. 2013; 21: 1858-1869
- Overweight status and eating patterns among adolescents: Where do youths stand in comparison with the healthy people 2010 objectives?.Am J Public Health. 2002; 92: 844
- Statistical analysis with missing data.2nd ed. John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, NJ2002
- Eating disorder prevention: Current evidence-base and future directions.Int J Eat Disord. 2013; 46: 478-485
Conflicts of Interest: The authors have no conflicts of interest or financial disclosures to report.
Disclaimer: The contents of this presentation are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute or the National Institutes of Mental Health.