- Rite of passage: Young adults and the Affordable Care Act of 2010.Issue Brief. 2010; 87: 1-24
- Uninsurance and health care access among young adults in the United States.Pediatrics. 2005; 116: 88-95
- Covering young adults under the Affordable Care Act: The importance of outreach and Medicaid expansion: Findings from the Commonwealth Fund Health Insurance Tracking Survey of young adults, 2013.Issue Brief. 2013; 21: 1-15
- If the price is right, most uninsured–even young invincibles–likely to consider new health insurance marketplaces.Res Brief. 2013; : 1-9
Gnadinger T. Health policy brief: Young adults and the Affordable Care Act. Available at http://healthaffairs.org/blog/2013/12/16/recent-health-policy-brief-young-adults-and-the-affordable-care-act/. Accessed May 15, 2015.
- Health insurance marketplace: Summary enrollment report for the initial annual open enrollment period.Department of Health & Human Services, Washington, D.C.2014
- Gaining ground: Americans' health insurance coverage and access to care after the Affordable Care Act's first open enrollment period.Issue Brief. 2014; 16: 1-23
- Qualitative research and evaluation methods.3rd edition. Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks, Calif2002
- Cultural consensus theory.in: Schensul J. Weeks M. The Ethnographic Toolkit. Sage Publications, Newbury Park, CA1999
- Systematic data collection.Sage Publications, Newbury Park, CA1988
- Measuring post-decision satisfaction.Med Decis making. 2000; 20: 51-61
- Basics of qualitative research: Techniques and procedures for developing grounded theory.3rd edition. Sage Publications, Inc., Los Angeles, Calif.2008
- Uninsurance among young adults continues to decline, particularly in Medicaid expansion states.Health Aff. 2015; 34: 616-620
- Consumers' misunderstanding of health insurance.J Health Econ. 2013; 32: 850-862
- Adverse selection and inertia in health insurance markets: When nudging hurts.Am Econ Rev. 2013; 103: 2643-2682
- Ambulatory care among young adults in the United States.Ann Intern Med. 2009; 151: 379-385
- Differences in health care access and utilization between adolescents and young adults with asthma.Pediatrics. 2013; 131: 892-901
Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services. From coverage to care: A roadmap to better care and a healthier you. Available at: http://marketplace.cms.gov/outreach-and-education/downloads/c2c-roadmap.pdf. Accessed December 1, 2014.
Healthcare.gov. What are my preventive care benefits? Available at: https://www.healthcare.gov/preventive-care-benefits/. Accessed December 1, 2014.
- The experience of young adults on HealthCare.gov: Suggestions for improvement.Ann Intern Med. 2014; 161: 231-232
- Knowledge of health insurance terminology and details among the uninsured.Med Care Res Rev. 2013;
- The Health Reform Monitoring Survey: Addressing data gaps to provide timely insights into the Affordable Care Act.Health Aff. 2013;
- Consumers, health insurance and dominated choices.J Health Econ. 2011; 30: 450-457
- Preparedness of Americans for the Affordable Care Act.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014; 111: 5497-5502
- The ethics of the affordability of health insurance.J Health Polit Policy Law. 2011; 36: 815-827
- Are Americans finding affordable coverage in the health insurance marketplaces? Results from the Commonwealth Fund Affordable Care Act Tracking Survey.Issue Brief. 2014; 25: 1-15
The Commonwealth Fund. State action to establish health insurance marketplaces. Available at: http://www.commonwealthfund.org/Maps-and-Data/State-Exchange-Map.aspx. Accessed December 9, 2014.
- Patient protection and Affordable Care Act; exchange functions: Standards for navigators and non-navigator assistance personnel; consumer assistance tools and programs of an exchange and certified application counselors. Final rule.Fed Regist. 2013; 78: 42823-42862
Conflicts of Interest: T.B. and R.T. are two of the cofounders of Picwell, Inc., a health information/technology company that leverages big data and predictive analytics to help consumers optimize health plan choice.