Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Engholm G, Ferlay J, Christensen N, et al. NORDCAN: Cancer Incidence, Mortality, Prevalence and Prediction in the Nordic Countries. Available at: http://www-dep.iarc fr/NORDCAN/DK/frame asp; 2010 [accessed 11.05.12].
- IARC monographs on the evaluation of carcinogenic risks to humans—A review of human carcinogens. Part D: Radiation. Lyon, France: International Agency for Research on Cancer, World Health Organization.2012
- Cutaneous melanoma attributable to sunbed use: Systematic review and meta-analysis.BMJ. 2012; 345: e8503
- Use of indoor tanning devices by high school students in the United States, 2009.Prev Chronic Dis. 2011; 8: A116
- Sunbed use by children aged 8-18 years in Denmark in 2008: A cross-sectional study.Br J Dermatol. 2011; 165: 214-216
- Adolescents' use of indoor tanning: A large-scale evaluation of psychosocial, environmental, and policy-level correlates.Am J Public Health. 2011; 101: 930-938
- Who uses sunbeds? A systematic literature review of risk groups in developed countries.J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2010; 24: 639-648
- Sunbathing and sunbed use related to self-image in a randomized sample of Swedish adolescents.Eur J Cancer Prev. 1998; 7: 321-329
- Born og unges solarievaner 2010-en kortlaegning.Kraeftens Bekaempelse og TrygFondens smba, Copenhagen2011
- Use of indoor tanning facilities by white adolescents in the United States.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2003; 157: 854-860
- Risiko for rygestart blandt efterskoleelever—En forløbsundersøgelse på 40 efterskoler.Kræftens Bekæmpelse, Copenhagen2006
- Waterpipe use predicts progression to regular cigarette smoking among Danish youth.Subst Use Misuse. 2010; 45: 1245-1261
- Determinants of sunbed use in a population of Danish adolescents.Eur J Cancer Prev. 2012; 22: 126-130
- Using UV photography to reduce use of tanning booths: A test of cognitive mediation.Health Psychol. 2005; 24: 358-363
- A randomized controlled trial of an appearance-focused intervention to prevent skin cancer.Cancer. 2008; 113: 3257-3266
- Examination of the efficacy of an appearance-focused intervention to reduce UV exposure.J Behav Med. 2002; 25: 395-409
Your body—your life: a teaching material on sunbed use among adolescents. Danish Cancer Society and TrygFonden Amba. Available at: http://clients.advance.dk/kb/efterskolemagasin/. [accessed 29.02.12].
- Sunbed use in the Danish population in 2007: A cross-sectional study.Prev Med. 2009; 48: 288-290
- Characteristics associated with use or intention to use indoor tanning among adolescents.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2004; 158: 918-924
- Statistics notes: Analysing controlled trials with baseline and follow up measurements.BMJ. 2001; 323: 1123-1124
- Preventing skin cancer in college females: Heterogeneous effects over time.Health Psychol. 2010; 29: 574-582
- Messages influencing college women's tanning bed use: Statistical versus narrative evidence format and a self-assessment to increase perceived susceptibility.J Health Commun. 2003; 8: 443-461
- Effect of seasonal affective disorder and pathological tanning motives on efficacy of an appearance-focused intervention to prevent skin cancer.Arch Dermatol. 2010; 146: 485-491
- A comparison of 2 brief intervention approaches to reduce indoor tanning behavior in young women who indoor tan very frequently.Arch Dermatol. 2008; 144: 1521-1524
- An examination of psychological variables relevant to artificial tanning tendencies.J Health Psychol. 1999; 4: 507-516
- Predictors of sunbathing and sunscreen use in college undergraduates.J Behav Med. 1996; 19: 543-561
- Application of Azjen's theory of planned behavior to predict sunbathing, tanning salon use, and sunscreen use intentions and behaviors.J Behav Med. 1997; 20: 365-378
- Modeling tanning salon behavioral tendencies using appearance motivation, self-monitoring and the theory of planned behavior.Health Educ Res. 2000; 15: 405-414