Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Adolescent friendly health services: An agenda for change.WHO, Geneva2002
- Adolescent-friendly health services: What have children's hospitals got to do with it?.J Paediatr Child Health. 2010; 46: 214-216
- Youth-friendly primary-care services: How are we doing and what more needs to be done?.Lancet. 2007; 369: 1565-1573
- Adolescent friendly health services: Making it happen.WHO, 2005
- Access to health care for adolescents and young adults.J Adolesc Health. 2004; 35: 342-344
- Achieving quality health services for adolescents.Pediatrics. 2008; 121: 1263-1270
Department of Health. ‘You're Welcome’: Quality criteria for young people friendly health services. 2011; Available at: http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Publicationsandstatistics/Publications/PublicationsPolicyAndGuidance/DH_126813. Accessed December 4, 2012.
Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health. Not Just a Phase - A guide to the participation of children and young people in health services. 2010; Available at: http://www.rcpch.ac.uk/what-we-do/children-and-young-peoples-participation/publications/not-just-phase/not-just-phase - read. Accessed December 4, 2012.
- Involving children and young people in research.ARACY and the NSW Commission for Children and Young People, 2009 (Report No.: 9781921352485)
- A review of programmes and lessons learned.World Health Organization, Geneva1997
Picker Institute. Principles of patient-centred care. Available at: http://pickerinstitute.org/about/picker-principles/. Accessed August 3, 2012.
Patient Care Outcomes Research Institute. 2012; Available at: http://www.pcori.org/search/?q=national+initiatives+towards+patient-centred+care. Accessed December 4, 2012.
- Quality of health care: The views of homeless youth.Health Serv Res. 2004; 39: 695-708
Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights. Convention on the Rights of the Child (1989). Available at: http://www.ohchr.org/english/law/crc.htm Accessed August 10, 2012.
- Children's and young people's experience of the National Health Service in England: A review of national surveys 2001-2011.Arch Dis Child. 2012; 97: 661-666
Luxford K, Piper D, Dunbar N, et al. Patient-centred care: Improving quality and safety by focusing care on patients and consumers—Discussion paper. 2008; Available at: http://www.safetyandquality.gov.au/internet/safety/publishing.nsf/Content/PCCC. Accessed July 30, 2012.
- Systematic reviews in health care: A practical guide.Cambridge University Press, Cambridge2001
- Systematic review of qualitative studies exploring parental beliefs and attitudes toward childhood vaccination identifies common barriers to vaccination.J Clin Epidemiol. 2005; 58: 1081-1088
- Assessing health system provision of adolescent preventive services: The Young Adult Health Care Survey.Med Care. 2001; 39: 478-490
- Acceptability as a key determinant of client satisfaction: Lessons from an evaluation of adolescent friendly health services in Mongolia.J Adolesc Health. 2006; 38: 519-526
- Determinates of youth and parent satisfaction in usual care psychotherapy.Eval Program Plann. 2007; 30: 45-54
- Family experiences with outpatient care: Do adolescents and parents have the same perceptions?.J Adolesc Health. 2010; 47: 92-98
- Children and their parents assessing the doctor-patient interaction: A rating system for doctors' communication skills.Med Educ. 2005; 39: 820-828
- Correlates of adolescents' satisfaction with mental health services.Ment Health Serv Res. 2000; 2: 127-139
- Parents' global rating of mental health correlates with SF-36 scores and health services satisfaction.Qual Life Res. 2006; 15: 1395-1401
- Female adolescents' views on a youth-friendly clinic.Swiss Med Wkly. 2010; 140: 18-24
- Specialists understanding of the health care preferences of chronically ill adolescents.J Adolesc Health. 2007; 40: 334-341
- Adolescent quality of life and satisfaction with care.J Adolesc Health. 2006; 38: e601-e607
- Do adolescent inpatient wards make a difference? Findings from a national young patient survey.Pediatrics. 2007; 120: 749-755
- Adolescents' perceptions of inpatient postpartum nursing care.Qual Health Res. 2007; 17: 201-212
- Feedback on doctors' performance from parents and carers of children: A national pilot study.Arch Dis Child. 2011; 97: 206-210
- Young people's satisfaction of transitional care in adolescent rheumatology in the UK.Child Care Health Dev. 2006; 33: 368-379
- Health care delivery: Perspectives of young people with chronic illness and their parents.J Paediatr Child Health. 2004; 40: 175-179
- Are pediatric practice settings adolescent friendly? An exploration of attitudes and preferences.Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2004; 43: 55-61
- Toward youth friendly services: A survey of young people in primary care.J Gen Intern Med. 2007; 22: 775-781
- What is youth-friendly? Adolescents' preferences for reproductive health services in Kenya and Zimbabwe.Afr J Reprod Health. 2005; 9
- Youth-friendly reproductive health services in Jordan from the perspective of the youth: A descriptive qualitative study.Scand J Caring Sci. 2010; 24: 321-331
- Adolescents' perceptions of interpersonal communication, respect, and concern for privacy in an urban tertiary-care pediatric emergency department.Pediatr Emerg Care. 2010; 26: 257-273
- User perspectives of transitional care for adolescents with juvenile idiopathic arthritis.Rheumatology (Oxford). 2004; 43: 770-778
- Asking the experts: Exploring the self-management needs of adolescents with arthritis.Arthritis Care Res. 2008; 59: 65-72
- Adolescents attending an adult emergency department: Their utilisation characteristics and self-reported opinions of care provided.Ir Med J. 2007; 100: 525-528
- How does satisfaction with the health-care system relate to patient experience?.Bull World Health Organ. 2009; 87: 271-278
- What patients really want.Health Manage Q. 1993; 15: 2-6
- Do young people's illness beliefs affect healthcare? A systematic review.J Adolesc Health. 2008; 42: 436-449
- Review article: Systematic review of qualitative studies exploring parental beliefs and attitudes toward childhood vaccination identifies common barriers to vaccination.J Clin Epidemiol. 2005; 58: 1081-1088