Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Adults and social network sites.Pew Internet & American Life Project, Washington, DC2009
Daily Record. Record view: Keep up to protect kids, October 17. Available at: Lexis Nexis database. Accessed March 23, 2009.
Kreiser J. MySpace: Your Kids' Danger? CBS News. February 6, 2006. Available at: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/02/06/eveningnews/main1286130.shtml. Accessed March 23, 2009.
- Why have child maltreatment and child victimization declined?.J Soc Issues. 2006; 62: 685-716
- Child sex abuse said to be on the decline: UNH researchers release latest figures.Foster's Online. April 18, 2008;
- Online “predators” and their victims: Myths, realities, and implications for prevention treatment.Am Psychol. 2008; 63: 111-128
- Trends in arrests of “online predators”.Crimes against Children Research Center, University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH2009 (1–10)
- The National Juvenile Online Victimization Study: Methodology Report.Crimes against Children Research Center, Durham, NH2009 (Available online at: http://unh.edu/ccrc/pdf/Revised%20NJOV%20Methodology%20Rpt%2001_04_10.pdf)
- Weighting for unequal pi.J Off Stat. 1992; 8: 183-200
- Introduction to Survey Sampling, Vol 35.Sage Publications, Paper series on Quantitative Applications in the Social Sciences, Beverly Hills, CA1983
- Model Assisted Survey Sampling.Springer-Verlag, New York, NY1992
- Stata Statistical Software [computer program]. Version 11.0.Stata Corp, College Station, TX2009
Wolak J, Finkelhor D, Mitchell KJ. Law enforcement responses to online child sexual exploitation crimes: The national juvenile online victimization study, 2000 & 2006. Durham, NH: Crimes against Children Research Center. Available at: http://unh.edu/ccrc/pdf/LE_Bulletin_final_Dec_09.pdf.
Mitchell KJ, Finkelhor D, Wolak J, Jones LM. Trends in undercover investigations on the Internet between 2000 and 2006. Crime & Delinquency. In press.
- Online requests for sexual pictures of youth: Risk factors and incident characteristics.J Adolesc Health. 2007; 41: 196-203
- Youth internet users at risk for the most serious online sexual solicitations.Am J Prev Med. 2007; 32: 532-537
- Teens and social media: The use of social media gains a greater foothold in teen life as they embrace the conversational nature of interactive online media.Pew Internet & American Life, Washington, DC2007
- Cops, child advocates offer advice to keep kids safe from web of predators.Boston Herald. May 26, 2007;
Rawe J. How safe is MySpace? Available at: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1207808,00.html. Accessed March 23, 2009.
- Online profiles attracting sexual predators, fed warn; Teen sites being used as victim directories.Times-Picayune. March 24, 2007;
- Pedophiles trolling in MySpace raise alarm.Houston Chronicle. March 3, 2006;
- How risky are social networking sites? A comparison of places online where youth sexual solicitation and harassment occurs.Pediatrics. 2008; 121: e350-e357
- Victimization of children.Am Psychol. 1994; 49: 173-183
- Reporting crimes against juveniles.U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, DC1999 (NCJ-178887)
- The justice system for juvenile victims: A comprehensive model of case flow.Trauma Violence Abuse. 2005; 6: 83-102
Points of view or opinions in this document are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official position or policies of the U.S. Department of Justice.