- High body mass index for age among US children and adolescents, 2003–2006.JAMA. 2008; 299: 2401-2405
- Trends in energy intake in U.S. between 1977 and 1996: similar shifts seen across age groups.Obes Res. 2002; 10: 370-378
- Changes in beverage intake between 1977 and 2001.Am J Prev Med. 2004; 27: 205-210
- Increasing caloric contribution from sugar-sweetened beverages and 100% fruit juices among US children and adolescents, 1988–2004.Pediatrics. 2008; 121: e1604-e1614
- National trends in soft drink consumption among children and adolescents age 6 to 17 years: prevalence, amounts, and sources, 1977/1978 to 1994/1998.J Am Diet Assoc. 2003; 103: 1326-1331
- Food sources of added sweeteners in the diets of Americans.J Am Diet Assoc. 2000; 100 (quiz): 43-51
- Intake of sugar-sweetened beverages and weight gain: a systematic review.Am J Clin Nutr. 2006; 84: 274-288
- Effects of soft drink consumption on nutrition and health: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Am J Public Health. 2007; 97: 667-675
- Memorandum of Understanding Regarding School Beverage Policy.Alliance for a Healthier Generation, New York2006
- The interplay of public health law and industry self-regulation: the case of sugar-sweetened beverage sales in schools.Am J Public Health. 2008; 98: 595-604
- Report card on school snack food policies among the United States' largest school districts in 2004–2005: room for improvement.Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2006; 3: 1
- Nutrition services and foods and beverages available at school: results from the School Health Policies and Programs Study 2006.J Sch Health. 2007; 77: 500-521
- Institute of Medicine. Food Marketing to Children and Youth: Threat or Opportunity?.The National Academies Press, Washington, DC2006
- Access to fast food and food prices: relationship with fruit and vegetable consumption and overweight among adolescents.Adv Health Econ Health Serv Res. 2007; 17: 23-48
- Small taxes on soft drinks and snack foods to promote health.Am J Public Health. 2000; 90: 854-857
- Exploring a fiscal food policy: the case of diet and ischaemic heart disease.BMJ. 2000; 320: 301-305
- The “Fat Tax”: Economic Incentive to Reduce Obesity, Briefing Note 4.Institute for Fiscal Studies, London2004 (1–19)
- Taxing food: implications for public health nutrition.Public Health Nutr. 2005; 8: 1242-1249
- Food taxation and pricing strategies to “thin out” the obesity epidemic.Am J Prev Med. 2006; 30: 430-437
Patrick DL, Murray TP. FY2010 House 1 Budget Recommendation: Policy Brief. Available at: http://www.mass.gov/bb/h1/fy10h1/exec10/hbudbrief19.htm. Accessed 2009.
New York State. 2009–2010 Executive Budget, Briefing Book, Revenue Actions. Available at: http://publications.budget.state.ny.us/eBudget0910/ExecutiveBudget.html. Accessed 2008.
- State sales tax rates for soft drinks and snacks sold through grocery stores and vending machines, 2007.J Public Health Policy. 2008; 29: 226-249
- Body mass index in elementary school children, metropolitan area food prices and food outlet density.Public Health. 2005; 119: 1059-1068
- Food prices and weight gain during elementary school: 5-year update.Public Health. 2008; 122: 1140-1143
- Economics of food energy density and adolescent body weight.Economica. 2009; ([Epub July 15, 2008])
- Food prices, access to food outlets and child weight.Econ Hum Biol. 2009; 7: 64-72
Chou SY, Rashad I, Grossman M. Fast-Food Restaurant Advertising on Television and Its Influence on Childhood Obesity. National Bureau of Economic Research Working Paper Series 2005;No. 11879.
- Fast- food restaurant advertising on television and its influence on childhood obesity.J Law Econ. 2008; 51: 599-618
- Fundamentals of Legal Research.8th ed. Foundation Press, New York2002
- Constitutional Law.4th ed. Aspen, New York2001
Federation of Tax Administrators. State sales tax rates: January 1, 2007. Federation of Tax Administrators. Available at: http://www.taxadmin.org/fta/rate/sales.html. 2007.
- Monitoring the Future: National Survey Results on Drug Use, 1975–2003. Volume I: Secondary School Students.National Institute on Drug Abuse, Bethesda, MD2004 (NIH Publication No. 04-5507)
- Effects of age on validity of self-reported height, weight, and body mass index: findings from the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey.1988–1994. J Am Diet Assoc. 2001; 101: 28-34
U.S.Census Bureau. Census 2000 Summary File 3 Technical Documentation. 2002.
- Consistent covariance matrix estimation with cross-sectional dependence and heteroskedasticity in financial data.J Financial Quant Anal. 1989; 24: 333-355
- Tax Burden on Tobacco.Orzechowski and Walker, Arlington, VA2008
- Budget Options, Volume 1: Health Care.Congressional Budget Office (Option 106), Washington, DC2008