Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Go ahead punk, make my day: It's time for pediatricians to take action against media violence.Pediatrics. 2007; 119: e1398-e1399
Roberts DF, Foehr UG, Rideout, V. Generation M: Media in the lives of 8–18 year olds. Menlo Park, CA: The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation, 2005. Available at: http://www.kff.org/entmedia/upload/Generation-M-Media-in-the-Lives-of-8-18-Year-olds-Report.pdf.
- Impact of the media on adolescent sexual attitudes and behaviors.Pediatrics. 2005; 116: 303-326
- Adolescents' use of the Internet: A controversial, coming–of–age resource.Adolesc Med Clin. 2006; 17: 205-216
- The influence of media violence on youth.Psychol Sci Public Interest. 2003; 4: 81-110
- Parental factors, mass media influences, and the onset of eating disorders in a prospective population-based cohort.Pediatrics. 2003; 111: 315-320
- Alcohol advertising and adolescents.Pediatr Clin North Am. 2002; 49: 353-376
- Exposure to cigarette promotions and smoking uptake in adolescents: Evidence of a dose–response relationship.Tob Control. 2000; 9: 163-168
- The mass media and American adolescents' health.J Adolesc Health. 2002; 31: 153-170
Rideout V. Generation Rx.com: How young people use the Internet for health information. Menlo Park, CA: The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation, 2001. Available at: http://www.kff.org/entmedia/loader.cfm?url=/commonspot/security/getfile.cfm&PageID=13719.
- Adolescent cybersurfing for health information: A new resource that crosses barriers.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2001; 155: 813-817
- Television viewing and adolescents' sexual behavior.J Homosex. 1991; 21: 77-91
- Media literacy has potential to improve adolescents' health.J Adolesc Health. 2006; 39: 459-460
- Watching sex on television predicts adolescent initiation of sexual behavior.Pediatrics. 2004; 114: e280-e289
- Exposure to X-rated movies and adolescents' sexual and contraceptive-related attitudes and behaviors.Pediatrics. 2001; 107: 1116-1119
- Does watching sex on television predict teen pregnancy? Findings from a national longitudinal survey of youth.Pediatrics. 2008; 122: 1047-1054
- Children, adolescents, and the media.Sage, Thousand Oaks, CA2002
- Adolescents' experience with sex on the Web: Results from online focus groups.J Adolesc. 2005; 28: 535-540
Horrigan, JB. Home Broadband Adoption 2008. Washington, DC: Pew Internet & Life Project, 2008. Available at: http://www.pewInternet.org/pdfs/PIP_Broadband_2008.pdf.
- Committee on Public Education. Media violence.Pediatrics. 2001; 108: 1222-1226
- Sexuality and the Internet: Surfing into the new millenium.CyberPsychol Behav. 1998; 1: 181-187
- Sexual Abuse in America: Epidemic of the 21st Century.Safer Society Press, Brandon, VT1998
- Adolescent Health Care Lipincott Williams & Wilkins. A Practical Guide, Philadelophia, PA2002
- Unwanted and wanted exposure to online pornography in a national sample of youth Internet users.Pediatrics. 2007; 119: 247-257
- Influence of unrestrained access to erotica on adolescents' and young adults' dispositions toward sexuality.J Adolesc Health. 2000; 27: 41-44
- Exposure to Internet pornography among children and adolescents: A national survey.CyberPsych Behav. 2005; 8: 473-486
- Adolescents' exposure to a sexualized media environment and their notions of women as sexual objects.Sex Roles. 2007; 56: 381-395
- Exposure to Internet pornography and Taiwanese adolescents' sexual attitudes and behavior.J Broadcast Electron Media. 2005; 49: 221-237
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2005 National Youth Risk Behavior Survey Data Users Manual. Available at: ftp://ftp.cdc.gov/pub/data/yrbs/2005/2005NationalYRBSDataUsersManual.pdf.
- The brief sexual attitudes scale.J Sex Res. 2006; 43: 76-86
- Generation XXX: Pornography acceptance and use among emerging adults.J Adolesc Res. 2008; 23: 6-30
- Searching for sexually explicit materials on the Internet: An exploratory study of college students' behavior and attitudes.Arch Sex Behav. 2001; 30: 101-118
- Trends in youth reports of sexual solicitation, harassment and unwanted exposure to pornography on the Internet.J Adolesc Health. 2007; 40: 116-126
- Adolescents' exposure to sexually explicit material on the Internet.Commun Res. 2006; 33: 178-204
- Does pornography influence young women's sexual behavior?.Women's Health Issues. 2003; 13: 39-43
- Academy begins drive to teach youth media matters.AAP News. 1997; 13: 25