McCauley D. Video game legislation tracker Available from: www.gamepolitics.com/legislation.htm. Accessed May 2006.
- ESRB retail council established unprecedented “Commitment to Parents” with national video game retailers. Entertainment Software Rating Board, 2006 (June 21, press release.)
- Contemporary issues in adolescent video game playing: Brief overview and introduction to the special issue.J Adolesc. 2004; 27: 1-3
- Video games and real-life aggression: Review of the literature.J Adolesc Health. 2001; 29: 244-257
- Media violence research and youth violence data: Why do they conflict?.Acad Psychiatry. 2004; 28: 144-150
- The effects of violent video games on aggression: A meta-analysis.Hum Commun Res. 2001; 27: 409-431
Funk JB, Buchman DD, Jenks J, et al. An evidence-based approach to examining the impact of playing violent video and computer games. Studies in Media & Information Literacy Education. Available at: http://www.utpress.utoronto.ca/journal/ejournals/simile. Accessed May 2006.
- An update on the effects of playing violent video games.J Adolesc. 2004; 27: 113-122
- The influence of violent media on children and adolescents: A public-health approach.Lancet. 2005; 365: 702-710
- The effects of violent video games on adolescents: The overlooked influence of development.Aggress Violent Beh. 2003; 8: 377-389
- Hostility among adolescents in Switzerland?.J Adolesc Health. 2004; 34: 230-236
- The effects of violent video game habits on adolescent hostility, aggressive behaviors and school performance.J Adolesc. 2004; 27: 5-22
- Generation M: Media in the Lives of 8–18-Year-Olds. Kaiser Family Foundation, Menlo Park, CA2005
- Media literacy for clinicians and parents.Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am. 2005; 14: 523-553
- Well-child visits in the video age: Pediatricians and the American Academy of Pediatrics’ guidelines for children’s media use.Pediatrics. 2004; 114: 1235-1241
- Violence in E-rated games.JAMA. 2001; 286: 591-598
U.S. Department of Commerce. Census Bureau: Minority Enrollment: Percentage Distribution of the Race/Ethnicity of Public School Students Enrolled in Kindergarten Through 12th Grade, by Region: Fall 1972 and 2004. Available at: http://nces.ed.gov/programs/coe/2006/charts/chart05.asp. Accessed July 2006.
Children’s Media Policy Coalition. Comments Before the Federal Communications Commission, MM Docket No. 00-167 (Children’s Television Obligations of Digital Television Broadcasters). April 21, 2003.
- It’s Child’s Play: Advergaming and the Online Marketing of Food to Children. Kaiser Family Foundation, Menlo Park, CA2006