- Absent and problematic men: Demographic accounts of male reproductive roles.Popul Dev Rev. 2000; 26: 81-115
- Providing quality family planning services.MMWR Recomm Rep. 2014; 63: 1-54
- Family planning and preconception health among men in their mid-30s developing indicators and describing need.Am J Mens Health. 2016; 10: 59-67
- What about the boys? The importance of including boys and young men in sexual and reproductive health research.J Adolesc Health. 2012; 51: 1-2
- Ambivalence and pregnancy: Adolescents' attitudes, contraceptive use and pregnancy.Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2004; 36: 248-257
- Do adolescents want to avoid pregnancy? Attitudes toward pregnancy as predictors of pregnancy.J Adolesc Health. 2003; 33: 79-83
- Young women's perceptions of the benefits of childbearing: Associations with contraceptive use and pregnancy.Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2013; 45: 23-31
- Factors influencing abstinence, anticipation, and delay of sex among adolescent boys in high sexually transmitted infection prevalence communities.J Adolesc Health. 2014; 54: 593-598
- Young adults' contraceptive knowledge, norms and attitudes: Associations with risk of unintended pregnancy.Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2012; 44: 107-116
- Confidence as a predictor of sexual and reproductive health outcomes for youth.J Adolesc Health. 2010; 46: S42-S58
- Adolescent sexual behavior.Am Psychol. 1989; 44: 249-257
- Fathering: The relationship between fathers' residence, fathers' sociodemographic characteristics, and father involvement.Matern Child Health J. 2011; 15: 1342-1349
- Getting to know poor fathers who do not pay child support.Soc Serv Rev. 2001; 75: 420-434
- Coparenting and nonresident fathers' involvement with young children after a nonmarital birth.Demography. 2008; 45: 461-488
- Patterns of nonresident father contact.Demography. 2010; 47: 205-225
- An updated and expanded meta-analysis of nonresident fathering and child well-being.J Fam Psychol. 2013; 27: 589-599
- Young nonresident biological fathers.Marriage Fam Rev. 1994; 20: 325-348
- Research findings on programs to reduce teen pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases.National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy, Washington, DC2007
Udry JR, National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health. References, instruments, and questionnaires consulted in the development of the Add Health in-home adolescent interview. Available at: http://www.cpc.unc.edu/projects/addhealth/data/guides/refer.pdf. Accessed September 10, 2015.
- Sexually transmitted infections and unintended pregnancy: A longitudinal analysis of risk transmission through friends and attitudes.Soc Dev. 2012; 21: 195-214
- Peer selection and socialization effects on adolescent intercourse without a condom and attitudes about the costs of sex.Child Dev. 2007; 78: 825-838
- Coital debut: The role of religiosity and sex attitudes in the Add Health Survey.J Sex Res. 2003; 40: 358-367
- Knowledge, perceptions, and motivations for contraception: Influence on teens' contraceptive consistency.Youth Soc. 2007; 39: 182-208
- Contextual and intrapersonal predictors of adolescent risky sexual behavior and outcomes.Health Educ Behav. 2013; 40: 400-414
- Family influences on adolescents' birth control and condom use, likelihood of sexually transmitted infections.J Sch Nurs. 2013; 29: 61-70
- Generalized latent variable modeling: Multilevel, longitudinal, and structural equation models.Chapman and Hall/CRC Press, Boca Raton, GL2004
- Multiple imputation using chained equations: Issues and guidance for practice.Stat Med. 2011; 30: 377-399
- A handbook of test construction: Introduction to psychometric design.Methuen, New York, NY1986
- Nonresident fathers' parenting, family processes, and children's development in urban, poor, single-mother families.Soc Serv Rev. 2010; 84: 655-677
- Family structure states and transitions: Associations with children's well-being during middle childhood.J Marriage Fam. 2009; 71: 575-591
- Abstinence-only and comprehensive sex education and the initiation of sexual activity and teen pregnancy.J Adolesc Health. 2008; 42: 344-351
- Interventions using new digital media to improve adolescent sexual health: A systematic review.J Adolesc Health. 2012; 51: 535-543
- Reducing sexual risk behavior in adolescent girls: Results from a randomized controlled trial.J Adolesc Health. 2013; 52: 314-321
- The Project Connect health systems Intervention: Linking sexually experienced youth to sexual and reproductive health care.J Adolesc Health. 2014; 55: 528-534
Young Men's Health Initiative (YMHI). Young Men's Clinic. Available at: http://www.youngmensclinic.org/. Accessed September 1, 2015.
- Barbershop talk with brothers: Using community-based participatory research to develop and pilot test a program to reduce HIV risk among black heterosexual men.AIDS Educ Prev. 2014; 26: 383-397
- The clinical content of preconception care: Preconception care for men.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 199: S389-S395
- Examining the development and sexual behavior of adolescent males.J Adolesc Health. 2010; 46: S3-S11
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Preconception health and health Care: Information for men. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/preconception/men.html. Accessed September 1, 2015.
Conflicts of Interest: C.F.G. was partially supported by grant K23HD060664 from the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development .
Disclaimer: The study sponsor had no role in study design; collection, analysis, and interpretation of data; writing the report; and the decision to submit the report for publication.