- Are adolescents accurate in self-report of frequencies of sexually transmitted diseases and pregnancies?.J Adolesc Health. 1997; 21: 91-96
- Biological markers of sexual activity: Tools for improving measurement in HIV/sexually transmitted infection prevention research.Sex Transm Dis. 2013; 40: 447-452
- Investigating the impact of inquiry mode on self-reported sexual behavior: Theoretical considerations and review of the literature.J Sex Res. 2012; 49: 212-226
- Methodological challenges in research on sexual risk behavior: II. Accuracy of self-reports.Ann Behav Med. 2003; 26: 104-123
- Feasibility of functional neuroimaging to understand adolescent Women's sexual decision making.J Adolesc Health. 2015; 56: 389-395
- Sex in Australia: Sexual identity, sexual attraction and sexual experience among a representative sample of adults.Aust N Z J Public Health. 2003; 27: 138-145
- Homoflexibles, omnisexuals, and genderqueers: Group work with queer youth in cyberspace and face-to-face.Group Ther LGBT Pop. 2009; 33: 223-234
- Methodologies of misgendering: Recommendations for reducing cisgenderism in psychological research.Feminism Psychol. 2014; 24: 259-270
- Sex/gender identity: Moving beyond fixed and ‘natural’ categories.Sexualities. 2012; 15: 995-1016
Harrison J, Grant J, Herman JL. A gender not listed here: Genderqueers, gender rebels, and otherwise in the National Transgender Discrimination Survey. LGBTQ Public Policy J Harv Kennedy Sch 2012;2. Available at: http://escholarship.org/uc/item/2zj46213. Accessed January 27, 2015.
- Hooking up: The relationship contexts of “nonrelationship” sex.J Adolesc Res. 2006; 21: 459-483
- Hookup sex versus romantic relationship sex in college: Why do we care and what do we do?.J Adolesc Health. 2013; 52: 515-516
- Negotiating a friends with benefits relationship.Arch Sex Behav. 2009; 38: 66-73
Glenn N, Marquardt, E. Hooking up, hanging out, and hoping for Mr. Right. College women on dating and mating today. In An Institute for American Values Report to the Independent Women's Forum. New York: Institute for American Values. Available at: http://www.americanvalues.org/search/item.php?id=18.
- Love and sex: Polyamorous relationships are perceived more favourably than swinging and open relationships.Psychol Sex. 2014; 5: 339-348
- The ambiguity of “having sex”: The subjective experience of virginity loss in the United States.J Sex Res. 2001; 38: 127-139
- Gender, sexuality and HIV: Making a difference in the lives of young women in developing countries.Sex Relat Ther. 2000; 15: 233-245
- “I don’t like to say that I’m anything”: Sexuality politics and cultural critique among sexual-minority Latino youth.Sex Res Soc Pol. 2010; 7: 105-117
- Would you say you “had sex” if…?.JAMA. 1999; 281: 275-277
- Hard-to-reach youth online: Methodological advances in self-harm research.Sex Res Soc Pol. 2013; 10: 125-134
Conflicts of Interest: The author has no potential conflicts of interest of a real or perceived nature.