Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Beverages in the diets of American teenagers.J Am Diet Assoc. 1986; 86: 493-499
Alaimo K, McDowell M, Briefel RR, et al. Dietary intake of vitamins, minerals, and fiber of persons ages 2 months and over in the United States: Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, Phase 1, 1988–91, Advance Data, No. 258, November 14, 1994.
- The year 2000 initiative implications for comprehensive school health.Prev Med. 1993; 22: 493-498
- Blood lipids, cardiovascular fitness, obesity, and blood pressure.J Am Diet Assoc. 1996; 96: 238-242
Farthing MC. Current eating patterns of adolescents in the United States. Nutrition Today 1991;March/April:35–9.
Pastore DR, Fisher H, Friedman SB. Abnormalities in weight status, eating attitudes, and eating behaviors among urban high school students: Correlations with self esteem and anxiety. J Adolesc Health 1996;18:5:312–9.
Warheit GJ, Langer LM, Zimmerman RS, Biafora FA. Prevalence of bulimic behaviors and bulimia among a sample of the general population. Am J Epidemiol 1993;137:5:569–76.
Fredenberg JP, Berglund PT, Dieken HA. Incidence of eating disorders among selected female university students. J Am Diet Assoc 1996;96:1:64–5.
- Epidemiological study of problem eating behaviors and related attitudes in the general population.Addict Behav. 1991; 16: 167-173
- American Families. Rand, Santa Monica, CA1993
- Nutrient contribution of breakfast, secular trends, and the role of ready-to-eat cereals.Am J Clin Nutr. 1998; 67: 757S-763S
- Impact of breakfast consumption on nutritional adequacy of the diet of young adults.J Am Diet Assoc. 1998; 98: 1432-1438
- Evaluation of the nutrient content of school, snack and vending lunches of junior high students.Sch Food Serv Res Rev. 1991; 15: 5
- Dietary intakes of students.Am J Clin Nutr. 1995; 61: 205S-212S
- Correlates of inadequate fruit and vegetable consumption among adolescents.Prev Med. 1996; 25: 497-505
- Lessons learned about adolescent nutrition from Minnesota Adolescent health Survey.J Am Diet Assoc. 1998; 98: 1449-1456
McDowell MA, Briefel RR, Alaimo K. Energy and macronutrient intakes of persons ages 2 months and over in the United States: Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, Phase 1, 1988–91. Advance Data, No. 244, October 24, 1994.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Guidelines for school health programs to promote lifelong healthy eating. MMWR 1996;45(RR-9).
- Marginal vitamin and mineral intakes of young adults.J Adolesc Health. 1996; 47: 19-39
- Estimated dietary calcium intake and food sources for adolescent females.J Adolesc Health. 1997; 20: 20-26
U.S. Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service. Data tables: Results from USDA’s 1994–1996 Continuing Survey of Food Intakes by Individuals and 1994–1996 Diet and Health Knowledge Survey. On: 1994–96 Continuing Survey of Food Intakes by Individuals and 1994–96 Diet and Health Knowledge Survey, CD-ROM, NTIS Accession No. PB98-500457, 1997.
- Trends in breakfast consumption of U.S. adults between 1965 and 1991.J Am Diet Assoc. 1996; 96: 464-470
- Trends in breakfast consumption for children in the United States between 1965 and 1991.Am J Clin Nutr. 1998; 67: 748S-756S
Nicklas TA, Myers L, Berenson GS. Total nutrient intake and ready-to-eat cereal consumption of children and young adults in the Bogalusa Heart Study. Nutr Rev 1995;53:9:S39–S45.
Ruxton CH, Kirk TR. Breakfast: A review of associations with measures of dietary intake, physiology and biochemistry. Br J Nutr 1997;78:2:199–213.
- Collection of dietary-supplement data and implications for analysis.Am J Clin Nutr. 1994; 59: 232S-239S
- Trends in prevalence and magnitude of vitamin and mineral supplement usage and correlation with health status.J Am Diet Assoc. 1992; 92: 1096-1101
Sobal J, Marquart LF. Vitamin/mineral supplement use among high school athletes. Adolescence 1994;29:116:835–43.
- Development of a school-based nutrition intervention for high school students.Am J Health Promot. 1997; 11: 315-322
- Outcomes of a high school program to increase fruit and vegetable consumption.J Sch Health. 1998; 68: 238-253
- Characterizing children’s eating behavior.in: Suskind R.M Suskind L.L Textbook of Pediatric Nutrition. 2nd ed. Raven Press, New York1993: 505-516
- Validation of 24-hour recalls assisted by food records in third-grade children.J Am Diet Assoc. 1993; 93: 1431-1436
Bogalusa Heart Study Nutrition Staff. In-House Dietary Studies Methodology, eds 1–8. New Orleans, LA: Tulane School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, 1984–1996.
- School lunch assessment to improve accuracy of 24-hour dietary recalls for children.J Am Diet Assoc. 1991; 91: 711-713
- School meal data collection and documentation methods in a multisite study.Sch Food Serv Res Rev. 1996; 20: 69-77
- SAS User’s Guide. SAS Institute, Cary, NC1990
- Recommended Dietary Allowances, 10th ed. National Academy of Sciences, Washington, DC1989
- Breakfast consumption patterns of U.S. children and adolescents.Nutr Res. 1986; 6: 635-646
- Food and eating practices of teenagers.J Am Diet Assoc. 1968; 53: 17-24
- Calorie and nutritional intake of teenagers.J Am Diet Assoc. 1967; 50: 385-396