Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Adolescent Health
- Traumatic deaths of children in the US: Currently available prevention strategies.Pediatrics. 1985; 75: 456-462
- Epidemiology and prevention of adolescent injury.JAMA. 1989; 262: 2273-2279
- Homicide Surveillance, 1970–1983: High Risk Racial and Ethnic Minorities—Blacks and Hispanics.Centers for Disease Control, Atlanta, GA1985
- Grand Jury of Baltimore City.Grand Jury Report of Juveniles and Firearms. 1987; (Baltimore, MD)
- Firearm ownership among non-urban adolescents.Am J Dis Child. 1989; 143: 1410-1413
Federal Bureau of Investigation. Crime in the United States: Uniform Crime Reports for the United States. Washington, DC: Federal Bureau of Investigation, Annual.
- Development of the Safe Times Questionnaire.J Adolesc Health Care. 1989; 10: 249
- Social class and mental illness: A community study.Wiley, New York1958
- Parent-child agreement on symptoms assessed via a clinical research interview for children: The Childhood Assessment Schedule (CAS).J Child Psychol Psychiatry. 1990; 31: 427-436
- Third edition. Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders. American Psychiatric Association, Washington, DC1987 (DSM-III-R)
Hodger K. Personal communication.
- Preventive strategies for dealing with violence among blacks.Community Ment Health J. 1987; 23: 217-228
- Inner city teenagers' exposure to violence: A prevalence study.MD Med J. 1988; 37: 951-954
- Criminal violence, criminal justice.in: Random House, New York1978: 3
- American and Soviet teenagers' concerns about nuclear war and the future.N Engl J Med. 1988; 319: 407-413
- Predictors of assaultiveness in latency age children.Am J Psychiatry. 1983; 140: 31-35
- Neuropsychological, personality, and familial characteristics oof physically abused delinquents.J Am Acad Child Psychiatry. 1984; 23: 668-674
- Some child rearing antecedents of criminal behavior in adult men.J Pers Soc Psychol. 1979; 9: 1477-1486
- Family interactions of assaultive adolescents, stealers, and non-delinquents.J Abnorm Child Psychol. 1983; 11: 1-14
- Child abuse and violence in single parent families: Parent absence and economic deprivation.Am J Orthopsychiatry. 1989; 59: 492-501
Hawkins JD, Lishner DM, Catalano RF. Childhoood predictors and the prevention of adolescent substance abuse. In: Jones CL, Battjes RJ, eds. Etiology of Drug Abuse: Implications for Prevention. National Institute on Drug Abuse, Monograph 56. Washington, DC: U.S. Government Printing Office.
Blum RW. Personal communication, 1990.
- Weapons and urban adolescents: Are other risk behaviors associated with their possession?.J Adolesc Health. 1992; 13: 41
- Alcohol, firearms, and suicide among youth: Temporal trends in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, 1960–1983.JAMA. 1987; 257: 3369-3372
- The presence and accessibility of firearms in the homes of adolescent suicides: A case-control study.JAMA. 1991; 266: 2989-2995
- Violence counseling in the routine health care of adolescents.J Adolesc Health Care. 1988; 9: 389-393
- Co-victimization of African-American children who witness violence: Effects on cognitive, emotional, and behavioral development.J Natl Med Assoc. 1991; 83: 233-238
- Teen violence: The search for solutions.Contemporary Pediatr. 1991; 11: 71-93
☆Presented at the Society for Adolescent Medicine National Meeting, Atlanta, GA, March 23, 1990.